Sunday, January 8, 2012

spOtted: I've Got an A.C.E. in the Hole.

One of my resolutions this year was to lose weight. At the salon I work at, a lot of the girls are on a diet pill called A.C.E. I have heard tons &tons of diet pills claim to be the best out there; all the ad's seem to be the same-- "blocks carbs" "tons of energy" "drop 10 pounds in 2 days" etc. Random things like that. Always to good to be true. I never had anyone say to me, "I'm on HoodiaP57, and it really works!"


So to me, I was a T O T A L skeptic. But then, I looked at real pictures. Of people I knew. &'listened to their stories. My boss? 40 pounds lighter. Her husband? 25. What about another girl at the salon? Almost 50 pounds, &'she recently had a baby. So of course, my curiosity got the better of me. I started asking about it, gathering more information. "What's in it? Is it safe? What are the side effects?" I got the same answer from every girl I asked. Everyone's information matched up. I still had my doubts. So I got a sample, &'took a risk.

Now, I won't lie to you-- I was a bit disappointed. Everyone had told me it would give me energy, but I was EXHAUSTED. I decided to shake it off-- eh, another lie. Whatever. When I told the girls how it had effected me, they were all flabbergasted. They said it was so weird that it made me tired; none of them had that feeling.  After a bit more delving into my issue, we chalked it up to my ADHD. [often energizing drinks/pills/etc. have the reverse effect on people with ADHD] I was sad, but there really is nothing I could do. I discussed it with my boss, &'she pointed out that I had been sick-- maybe it was just an off day for me.

After a few days of being disgruntled about it, I decided to give it another try. I purchased a bottle, with the thought in mind that maybe my body just needed to get used to it. If it still didn't work, at least I had people I could give my remaining bottle too. I took my pill, and without realizing I had cleaned a huge part of the salon &'done a ton of organizing. When Kaleb came to pick me up, I was feeling really hyper. DING DING DING! Hello, there was my energy! So the next day, I woke up &'took my A.C.E. I was pretty mellow for a while- I even took a cat nap. When I woke up from my nap, I took another pill, &'then I had the whole house clean. Christmas decorations, down. Cupboards, organized. Furniture, rearranged. HOLY CRUMBS, IT'S WORKING!

It is working so far for me, &'I love it. I'm excited to see if I start losing weight. I know I have to watch how I eat, &'definitely drink more water, &'start exercising as well-- it won't just make me drop weight. &'that's okay with me. I plan on posting about my weight loss journey &'being honest through it all. Right now, I weigh 168. That's right. That is so NOT okay with me. But it's okay-- cause I'm on my way to losing weight the right way.

If anyone reading this is curious, here is the link for the A.C.E. website ---->Love My Ace Also, don't be afraid to comment &'ask or give advice to help me! I would L O V E it.

I hope 2012 is going amazing for everyone!

                                                                    xo-evie

3 comments:

  1. Good Luck with the pill! I really hope it does work for you. :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have adhd as well and I'm looking into ACE to help with it. I am curantly take meds for it but they wear off half way through day and as you know being a hairstylist that doesn't work well for me. Are you still taking ACE and how are you feeling about it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Yvonne (Mary) Stuart! Thank you so much for taking the time to share this exciting information.

    saba a.c.e.

    ReplyDelete